Friday 4 February 2011

Timeless Classics - Fragrance's from Federico Mahora

Yesterday I received a bundle of lovely samples from Rachel at Beauty Alchemy to test and review, as well as the FM Cosmetics UK Ltd 2010 product catalogues, packed full of perfume, make-up and skincare goodies. Here is my run down on the two perfume's FM101 and FM162.

The first perfume sample - FM101 (found on page 39) comes from the Federico Mahora Classic Collection Fragrance range for women. I sprinkled it onto the test strip and immediately I was welcomed with a lovely white musk and vanilla scent - just like Armani Code. Armani Code is a real timeless classic that I wear on special occasions only, mainly due to its hefty price tag of £35.75 at Boots.

The FM101 however will only set you back £11.99 for 30ml! A fraction of the Armani Code price tag and with a very similar, classic smell. I find with Armani that it lasts all evening and I can still smell it when I wake up the morning after. This perfume definitely still has its aroma which shows good signs of a classy, chic perfume.

I wouldn't be afraid to wear this perfume daily, because it is definitely value for money but it could be saved for special evenings out and you could opt for a more casual fruity fragrance during the day. Having said that, you won't be disappointed with this perfume that would easily last all day!


Overall verdict: 9/10
  • Armani is my favourite perfume of all time, FM101 smells almost identical for a fraction of the price (which is the part I love the most, being a student).
  • The bottle is simple yet elegant and doesn't shout about itself too much - it is what it is.
  • With such a low price tag you expect it to be of low quality, however, I was pleasantly suprised to see that this fragrance is long lasting and smells delicious!
It gets the thumbs up from me!






The second perfume sample I received was FM162 (found on page 17 of the FM 2010 catalogue). Again vanilla is present in this fragrance but it is entwined with the scent of oriental musk and honey which gives it a very sweet smell.

The perfume that I own that is very similar to this is Rodriquez Narcisso - Essence, which also has a very elegant, sweet smell about it. It was a christmas present from my mother who didn't stop telling me how much it had cost her... £55.15 from Boots. Now to me, that is extortionate, but it's designer so what do you expect? The FM162 fragrance is £16.99 for 50ml... so you could get over 100ml for the price of Narcisso Rodriguez! Again, I'm blown away by the price of this perfume, considering it is just as good as the designer perfume.


This fragrance is part of FM's luxury collection for women, and yes, after testing I can confirm that this smells like luxury. The bottle as you can see is possibly more stylish than that of the FM101 which represents it's luxury and exclusivity. I love the dark navy colour of the bottle - I'm a bit of a sucker for fancy perfume bottles that I can line up on my shelf.


Overall verdict: 8/10
  • The only reason it doesn't get above an eight is because I am just Armani Code's biggest fan and FM101 ooze's distinctiveness and class.
  • Elegant, vintage bottle
  • Good price, just as good as Narcisso!

Both of these fragrances are representative of timeless classics. To me they are 'evening smells', and although some of us cannot bare to leave the designer labelled perfumes behind, these are really worth a try - you'll feel good that you haven't broke the bank and it will be a genuine, guilt-free purchase :-).

Note: Both of these fragrances passed the boyfriend test. So, if you're going out on a date, these perfume's are sure to 'wow' them... and for any fella's reading about the FM fragrances - it's valentine's day soon remember ;-).




To find out more about FM Cosmetics and Perfume product ranges, contact Rachel at Beauty Alchemy at mail@beautyalchemy.co.uk/07528548744. Have a visit of her blog too -http://beautyalchemy.blogspot.com. She is a beauty consultant, beauty blogger and products can be purchased from Rachel. To have a look directly at FM Cosmetics go to http://www.fmcosmetics.co.uk/.

3 comments:

  1. Well the second one with oriental musk smells sounds perfect to me.. Have they one similar to theirry's Angel.. Now that is a perfume to top all.. But from your research I am more than willing to give this one a try.. thank you for opening a doorway to this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally with the above comments. I have only just found FM, and it is fantastic. I have both I also have fm 10 (jadore). All are great and last for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I am from Malaysia. There is a friend told me about this FM products. I just wanna find out more about the FM existence. She claimed that the FM federico has been everywhere in almost 55 countries.. thank you on your post. At least I know that the prodcut is truly exist.

    ReplyDelete